11/21/2014

The Unbearable Lightness of Being // Random phography


"Love is the longing for the half of ourselves we have lost."


"But when the strong were too weak to hurt the weak, the weak had to be strong enough to leave."


"There is no perfection only life."

 
"She had an overwhelming desire to tell him, like the most banal of women. Don't let me go, hold me tight, make me your plaything, your slave, be strong! But they were words she could not say.
 
The only thing she said when he released her from his embrace was, "You don't know how happy I am to be with you." That was the most her reserved nature allowed her to express."


"The only relationship that can make both partners happy is one in which sentimentaly has no place and neither partner makes any claim on the life and freedom of the other."


"Why don't you ever use your strength on me?" she said.
Because love means renouncing strength," said Franz softly."

 
"Does he love me? Does he love anyone more than me? Does he love me more than I love him? Perhaps all the questions we ask of love, to measure, test, proble, and save it, have the additional effect of cutting it short. Perhaps the reason we are unable to love is that we yearn to be loved, that is, we demand something (love) from our partner instead of delivering ourselves up to him demand-free and asking for nothing but his company."


//

I feel in love with Kundera when I was 15 years old. I think that there is no  connoisseur of human soul like him.
I always tend to return to his books every now and then ... in every decade they leave a trace on your soul in a different way.
Looking at these pictures of Zagreb and  myself  I realized that I neglected him during the past years. That made me realize  how much I missed him...
In a month or two, when I leave work, I think that I will most definitely spend a week in his company.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Eh Kundera... Neke velicine se "ne radjaju dvaput"...
    Ja sam ga isto lijepo izignorirala sve od srednje... Bilo bi vrijeme da se uhvatim u kostac s tim.

    Ovaj zadnji odijeljak -> "Does he love me? Does he love anyone more than me? Does he love me more than I love him? Perhaps all the questions we ask of love, to measure, test, proble, and save it, have the additional effect of cutting it short. Perhaps the reason we are unable to love is that we yearn to be loved, that is, we demand something (love) from our partner instead of delivering ourselves up to him demand-free and asking for nothing but his company." -> RAVNO U DUSU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Ivana! Ti confesso che non lo conoscevo ma i suoi libri devono essere bellissimi, mi sono piaciute le su citazioni. Queste foto sono stupende, danno l'idea di movimento e vita, vorrei visitare Zagreb :) Un bacio e buon weekend!:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous doll and I love these words...been a long time since I read them, I will have to get them out again and remind myself. This was truly truly beautiful, loved it :)))) Happy Friday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tako sam uživala u ovom predivnom i drugačijem postu, tekstu i fotografijama. Ti, Zagreb i Kundera, gde ćeš bolje <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! That close up of you is beautiful.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ivana, these words are do vise and beautiful. And you at the close ups, too.
    Wish you a very nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful post and the fourth photo is a nice angle. :)
    /Madison
    Bittersweet Nights & Unicorns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nekako su se ove fotografije uklopile tako savršeno s tekstom. Kudera je čarobnjak s riječima, ali i više od toga. Ima još pisaca koji su poetični i jednako daroviti, ali on ima onu hrabrost pogledati u ljudsku dušu, u najbolje i najgore...i to opisati tako jednostavno da staneš i kažeš...to je to! to je ono što sam mislio, osjećao ili nagovještao, ali nisam znao izraziti...ja sam zadnjih par dana pročitala dosta knjiga (djelom zato što me grlo toliko boljelo da nisam mogla spavati), nešto povijesnih, nešto laganih, nešto malo težih, ali drago mi je što sam se vratila u formu za čitanje.. i ja jako volim pročitati ponovo pisce koje volim, to je kao susret sa starim prijateljem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obožavam Kunderu i baš sam nedavno razmišljala kako bi mu se mogla ponovno vratiti, da vidim kako ću sad doživjeti njegova djela, nakon što su određene godine prošle, zajedno sa raznoraznim iskustvima :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kundera je i meni jedan od omiljenih pisaca.
    BTW, ove tvoje fotke su me bas rastopile....sjecam se Zagreba u jesen i koliko mi fali.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear Ivana, I think this is a wonderful plan that you will spend a week in the company of Kundera during your maternity leave! And congratulations to the pictures of Zagreb and you, so wonderful and perfect matching to the true and touching text <3 Hope you both are well and you enjoy the weekend with your beloved ones! Kisses from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures & would you like to follow each
    other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ivana!
    This was another wonderful post by you! Lately I have been really enjoying reading your blog and I am always happy to see that there is something new on it! :)
    These pictures were really beautiful and you have captured your city pretty well! :) I have never heard of this author before, but due to your recommendations I will try find this book on Amazon!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. jako mi se sviđa tvoj stil! preslatka si :) možeš me pratiti na apoljakovi.blogspot.com i sigurna sam da ce ti se svidjeti ako želiš da pratimo jedna drugu javi mi :) A.K xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They always make me smile! <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig